bradenandliz

bradenandliz

Friday 3 February 2012

2 Weeks.

2 weeks from tonight Braden and I will be on a plane to Houston.. and 2 weeks from tomorrow morning we will be on our way to Honduras. It is absolutely surreal that it is so close and really going to happen! We are very excited to see how God will show us the country of Honduras and what he will open our eyes to.


We have a lot to do before we leave. We just received our packing list so we will be busy this weekend trying to gather everything we need. Next weekend will be busy as it is Braden's birthday on the 9th so we will have some birthday celebrations!


We are trying not to be stressed out about finances as our trip quickly approaches. We have asked God that if it is in his will, the trip would be fully covered by the money that comes in as donations. Money is one of the most stressful things I think humans have to deal with - so we are learning to try to rely fully on God and not on ourselves! We have been called on this trip by God, and so we know that God will provide as he desires.


The Bible so clearly says how we need to act in times like this:


"So don't worry about these things, saying, 'What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?' These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows your needs. Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need. So don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today's trouble is enough for today." Matthew 6:31-34 (NLT)


I feel like God is speaking to me directly saying, "So don't worry about these things, my children. You are saying, will the money come in? Will we be supported and will this work out? I have called you to this trip and you will touch many lives. Trust in me."


God is such a good God. And I am so grateful that God has called us to something so amazing!


If you are reading this, I would ask you to pray for a few things specifically today:
-That Braden and I would have peace about this trip and the finances
-That God would protect us from Satan who is definitely trying to break us down right now
-That we would have open hearts to what God is preparing us for
-That everyone involved with our trip would have travelling mercies and safety while in Honduras


Lead me to the cross, where your love poured out. Bring me to my knees, Lord I lay me down. Rid me of myself, I belong to you. Oh lead me! Lead me to the cross!


No comments:

Post a Comment